Pages

Thursday, April 23, 2020

PASSION PROJECT:

Pest Control

we are putting out mice and rats traps by the farm
they can hurt our native animals

we cut out plastic bottles to put over the top of the trap to keep our chickens and dogs safe
then my dad nails it to the grass so it does not move


we have not got any mice or rats yet
our bait heaps getting taken 4 days in a row my dad thinks we need better traps 
we check every morning and night


24-4-20 friday
woohoo today we got the mouse 
it was in the garden at night time
behind the tree at grands house 
25-4-20 saturday
today we put 3 more traps by the hay shed




we got 3 more mice today
2 from outside the back of the cottage 
1 from grands house out the back by the garden

3 + 1 = 4 
we have got 4 now













6 comments:

  1. I hope you catch something soon, I use Peanut butter on my traps so they can't take the bait, they have to try and lick it off.
    I like the idea of the bottle over the top to protect the chickens and dogs, Good thinking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. we used peanut butter but the ants took it haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome trapping Xavier. I really like the idea of the plastic bottle to keep your dog and chickens safe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool, im glad you have started to catch things.
    I really like your math's you did with the mice as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Xavier! Good job on the trapping. It looks like you are having fun helping Dad. Let us know if you catch anything else.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow - you have done such a cool passion project Xavier, it looks very fun and I am impressed with all pests you got.

    ReplyDelete